Sunday

took my own advise, which I rarely ever do.......


Took my own advise- which I rarely ever do- and jumped in the pool.  Managed to put my swimming bottoms on inside out, upside down and backwards - which envolves  amazingly enough putting a leg through an opening that was originally meant for another body part---don't know how I did it and probably couldn't recreate it if I tried  but dang if it want hot enough to 'fry an egg' *
and I WAS NOT gonna take the energy or inclination to untangle them- it was hot an it was sticky (we have taken to calling this weather 'maple syrup weather') and it took allot of hot sticky tugging just to put them on in the first place.**
 I was not going to untangle my bottoms- My husband and daughter made fun of my attire--- until I told them the alternative-- which was me going oh natural on the bottom, in the pool, with them--- not a peep more was said and a rousing game of  ' I'm gonna dunk you, sucker' ensued........ ahhh, a good dip does the soul of a mermaid good.

* - as in : frying egg on sidewalk--another one of those odd old wisdom proverbs-- who the hell thought of frying an egg on a sidewalk is beyond me.
** - in hindsight if actually I had paid attention perhaps they wouldn't have been so hard to put on in the first place..... hmmmm- I'll have to remember that next time.

No comments: